Ponder This

by Kristy Zabel

My 21st Birthday!

Well, like I said in my previous blog, Tuesday was my 21st birthday! It was kind of uneventful like most birthdays---especially those that fall on weekdays. It was nice though. I had to get up early because I had internship again. The interning part of my day went well. I handed back the notes the students had written to me along with my response to what they wrote. Even this first correspondence with the kids has gotten them more familiar with me. I think this is going to be a busy (and hectic) but fun semester.

When I got home after internship, I was totally pooped, so I took a nap for a couple of hours. (Am I boring you yet?) Then, I opened presents and had some cake. That's about it! I got some nice gifts though---and useful ones too! I got a hair straightener, which I was excited about because my younger sister took hers with her to college, so I could no longer borrow it. I got some colored pencils and pens, candy, a huge birthday balloon, stamps of my signature, money, and some other things. I was pleased--and thankful!!!

I was just fooling around on the computer and remembered I needed to write a blog, so here I am! I thought I'd share my birthday experience with you. My family is planning to take me out to dinner on Saturday night. And...since there is no school Monday, my younger sister is coming down from Gainesville (University of Florida) to celebrate my birthday during the weekend, so I'm looking forward to that---even though I saw her last Saturday for her birthday! :)

Also on Monday, my older sister and her fiance will return to Washington, D.C. after vacationing for ten days in Costa Rica and Guatemala. I can't wait to see their hundreds of pictures! They went through rainforests, over volcanoes, and much more, so I'm sure the pictures are going to be really cool.

I guess I'll sign off now, since I'm just jabbering, and it's been about 20-25 minutes! I hope you all are having a good week so far! Take care.

0 comments: