Ponder This

by Kristy Zabel

Labor Day Weekend

Hi, everyone! I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend! I did! Friday evening I picked up my younger sister Brittany from her apartment in Gainesville. (She goes to the University of Florida.) She wanted to come home for the weekend, and we (the family) wanted her to come, so she came! :) We didn't really do anything Saturday afternoon, but that evening, we went to my favorite Italian restaurant (The Sicilian --on 436) for my birthday dinner. Since my birthday was last Tuesday, we decided to celebrate on the weekend, since my sister would be in town and just because weekends are more fun than weekdays. ;) :)

On Sunday, we went to church as usual in the morning, and everyone was surprised and happy to see Brittany. Then my family and I went to lunch with friends of the family, and that was fun. After that, my long weekend was uneventful. :-P I did, however, manage to sleep in each day during the short break though----that was great! I needed it. I need to get a better sleep schedule going though! Here I am right now at 12:39 A.M. writing my blog, when I should be asleep! Sheesh! When will I ever learn?

I hope I haven't bored you too much with this blog--or at least no more than usual. lol Anywho, I did have a nice weekend, but I could use a couple more days!

Tuesday is internship day again, and I'm looking forward to that. I would take internship days over 3-hour college classes any day! It's a lot of fun being in the classroom. I guess that's why I'm going to become a teacher though-- because I enjoy it so much, you think? hehehe :)

Oh! I forgot to mention that I talked to my older sister Jill Monday night. I hadn't talked to her in over a week because she went on a vacation with her fiance Daniel to Costa Rica and Guatemala. Jill was excited because it was her first time going to Spanish-speaking countries. She speaks Spanish fluently after years of taking it in school, so she was happy to finally be able to use Spanish somewhere besides America. I saw some of her pictures, and it looks like she did some pretty cool things. It was nice to finally talk to her on the phone. She was gone ten days, but it seemed like a month! (I'm used to talking to --or instant messaging-- her quite often.) She's planning to tell me the stories behind the pictures once she gets all of her pictures uploaded to the internet. I'm sure she has a lot to share; she said she took over 1,400 pictures!!! That will take a while to look through.

My 20 minutes of blogging are up, so I will say good night now. I better shuffle off to bed. Have a good week! I'll see you all Thursday in class. :)

0 comments: