Ponder This

by Kristy Zabel

Church Family

Usually on Wednesday nights I have choir practice at my church, but tonight the choir decided to visit a sick church friend at his home so we could sing to him and cheer him up a bit. His name is Mr. Tufts, and he and his wife are just wonderful people. There are special people that touch your life --- and they are two of those people to me. They have gone to my church ever since I can remember and have been an integral part of the church for a long time.

Now, Mr. Tufts is dying of cancer, and so tonight, we showed our love and support to him by singing several hymns for him. It was great to see him doing remarkably well for his condition. Although he is very thin and frail now because of the chemo treatment, his spirits were high--especially after the visit from the choir. He was very happy that we were there, and we were all happy to be there.

I go to a very loving church. We are a family of believers, and that is one of the things that makes my church so special to me. For those of you who don't already know, I go to the First United Methodist Church of Pine Hills. (Check out our website!--at
http://www.geocities.com/fumcpinehills) We don't have a lot of people in our congregation, but the faith and friendliness of the people make up for the few in number. I have been going there for about 14 years or so (ever since I was about 7 years old), and it has been a blessing in my life to be a part of such a good place of Christian fellowship.

Having a church family who loves and supports me in my spiritual life (and life in general) is important and special to me. God has truly blessed me.

1 comments:

It is always so wonderful to find a good church body. No matter how big or small the congregation is, what matters is the hearts of the people. I am glad you love your church :) What else are you involved in there besides choir?