Ponder This

by Kristy Zabel

Finding Old Friends

Isn't it great to find old friends? Wednesday night at choir practice, the director asked if we remembered a guy that went to our church a while back. I was friends with his sister, so of course, I remembered him too. They had moved to Indiana or Michigan probably ten years ago, and I lost touch with my friend (Heather). It turns out that her brother, who I remember as a cute little 5-7 year old, is now in college(!!!), and he's in Orlando for some kind of project or something. Anyway, the choir director is planning to invite him to church Sunday, where he used to be a regular--back in the day. If he decides to come, it will be great to to see him and catch up with what he and his family have been up to for the last decade. :)

So, while I was on Facebook tonight, I decided to look Heather up (which I had before but did not find her), and now we have been reconnected. It's so interesting to see what long lost people you once knew are doing now. That is one of the great things about Facebook. Besides the fact that it is addictive and a great procrastination tool, it helps you keep in touch and reconnect with people. ;) :-D

Not only is it interesting to find long lost people, but it's pretty weird that they become long lost people in the first place, isn't it? I mean--you never really expect people you're around every day to one day be completely out of your life for the rest of your life. I don't know--it's just weird when you think about it.


And then again, you never know when you'll meet someone who will touch your life forever.

2 comments:

It is certainly great to find old friends! Yes, Facebook can be so awesome for that very purpose. I agree - it is like this strange feeling takes place when you are reunited with someone from your past. How did you lose them in the first place? I wish that when you reunited, your relationship would be like it was before but oh well. People change. That is exciting you found your friend Heather. Maybe that guy will come to church on Sunday :)

 

I love finding old friends! I think Facebook and Myspace are great things for that purpose. I recently deleted my Myspace, I just felt myself getting to sucked into it. I think it is better for me to stay away from them because they are so addictive. :) But it was great when I found old friends, so I can imagine how happy you were about your friend Heather. :)